Monday, March 18, 2013

Photo of the Week: Never Ending Winter

Minnesota has reputation for having unbearable weather year-round, which is not true.  Minnesota has four distinct and dramatic seasons not experienced by those living in more temperate climates.  Though our winters tend to get all the attention, we have beautiful summers that are best spent by one of our 10,000 lakes.  

That being said, this year has been a tough winter, and it has left me begging for summer.  Last year on this date I wore shorts and sandals because it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit .  This year I bundled up in my warmest winter gear because we had a blizzard with below zero wind chills and several inches of snow.  Did I mention that the Minnesota weather is unpredictable? 

Here are some of my favorite pictures of this past winter, all taken in Minnesota... 
Our dog enjoying the snow after a December storm dumped a foot of snow in St. Paul
At Lutsen...if it is going to be cold, you might as well get out and enjoy it!
A January sunrise over the world's largest lake, Superior, on the coldest day of the winter