Saturday, April 16, 2011

Essence of Minneapolis


Minneapolis... NOT the essence

Could you capture the essense of your favorite city in just one photograph?  That challenge was put forth by Laurel at Expat in Germany.  There are many cities that I consider as favorites, including Prague, London, and New York City.  Since I could only choose one, I couldn't stray from Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I was born and raised in Minnesota, and currently live only 30 minutes outside of the city of Minneapolia.  It is the city I know best.  But the more I get to know Minneapolis, the more I find to love. 

Minneapolis Art, but still NOT the essence


 Essence means the attribute or set of attributes that make an object or substance what it fundamentally is...that's tough to do in just one shot!  Minneapolis, a city built upon the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, prides itself on the arts, education, and being active.  I hope the photo I chose will captures some of those qualities.  See the photo at http://myexpatgermany.com/city-photograph.

1 comment: