Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo of the Week: Bow Bridge

New York City holds a special place in my heart.  I proposed to my wife in Central Park, on top of Belvedere Castle.  Pictured below is Bow Bridge, which is one of the great bridges of Central Park.  This photo was snapped in the fall of 2009, shortly after we were engaged.  Bow Bridge could certainly top a list of "best romantic spots" in all of New York City. 

Bow Bridge, Central Park, New York City
Photo of the week is part of "Photo Thursday" started by Nancie at the Budget Travelers Sandbox.  Please visit her site to check out other amazing photos! 

7 comments:

  1. That's one ornate looking bridge.

    Sounds to me like you're a romantic. Lucky you being able to return on an annual basis to NYC. I'll keep an eye out for this bridge on my next visit to Central Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like such a peaceful (and romantic) place. Hard to imagine it in the middle of NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition and reflection in this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the bridge in quite a few movies too--I think it's one of the parks iconic images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd agree with Evan as it seems there's a real familiarity about it.
    My Travel Photo for Thursday-
    http://holesinmysoles.blogspot.com/2011/03/travel-photo-thursday-mar-31st-dacha.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shot! I really need to get back to NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice photo! You really hit a sweet spot with me -- NYC is one of my favorite places. Central Park is a very special place, too. How romantic to propose to your wife there -- well done!

    ReplyDelete